Thursday, January 11, 2007

Designer Babies

Ok, so I heard this on the news, and I had an intrest in it. I have also seen this horrifying proccess in the papers, but many don't know what it is.

I am talking about:

DESIGNER BABIES

Basically, Designer Babies are babies that can be phisically altered depending on what the parents image of a perfect Son/Daughter would look like. So, if you and your mate have Truebreeding brown eyes, but always dream of having a blue eyed child, you can make that possible. On the news it said that you can go online and actually Order your baby as you would with a shirt or a piece of clothing. All you have to do is go to the section and choose what color eyes, hair, and other physical traits your child can have. Scientists are in the process of working on being able to change personalitys of the child too. I feel that this is not fair. For example, if a designer baby is born with a stronger IQ than a regular born baby, then there would be certain advantages that aren't fair. I am not the only one who opposes this. There are many laws currently in other countries that state that familys may not have a designer baby. A couple in the UK desperatley wanted a daughter but their only one was killed at a young age." They are now suing under an EU human rights law recently passed in the EU." says a website on the topic. I very strongley disagree with this subject.

SOURCES

Designer Babies Article

6 ABC News

4 comments:

Colourfuly said...

Very interesting comments. I'd be interested in seeing more of your thoughts on this topic.

-Colourfuly's Mom

whatever...i have mutiple accounts said...

hey colourfuly! ocEanFreAk here! i thought that the designer babies is so cruel! i mean, youre practically maping out what kind of baby you want. i wonder how the parents would explain that they got genetically altered. if i was one i wonder if my parent would ever tell me...no...no they wouldn't.lols

raynebow said...

Hmmm. If you could create a designer baby what would it look like? (Pssst.....like me!!!) LOL l8r g8r lylas ttfn

LiViN' wAtErMeLoN cRaZy said...

interesting colourfuly...........spasm from lit here BTW...........lolzzzzzzzz remember me falling at AP because .... poked me! good times good times..........btw if you still havent figured out who it is its your OTHER blonde sister! lolzzzzzzzzz (i mean i am not as blonde as (jkjk) but i do have my moments too)